Bushmans Kloof has a strong ethos of community involvement and social responsibility. Many of our staff come from the local community, which is very important to us. We have been supporting this community with various projects that have been most rewarding.
The lodge has been actively involved in the pilot project to include local farming communities in creating the Cederberg Biosphere Reserve and super-reserve, consisting of the Biedouw River Conservancy, the Wupperthal Conservancy and the Cederberg Wilderness Area.
We have been happy to contribute to the improvement of local infrastructure and support the West Coast Municipality.
Our community participation includes:
- Being part of RCH South Africa we contribute annually to the Amy Biel foundation
- Bushmans Kloof is proud to support and contribute towards Elizabethfontein Primary School, in a bid to uplift and emphasise environmental education for local schoolchildren.
- We donate stationary to Elizabethfontein primary school every year
- We sponsor the Elizabethfontein primary school youth camp every year
- Every year we host the 13 year olds from Elizabethfontein School to an open day to experience the hospitality industry, and to learn about the importance of conservation
- All the senior staff at BK buy Christmas gifts for the underprivileged children in the surrounding communities
- Our executive chef Floris Smith has developed a Riel dancing troupe called “Die Graskoue Trappers” from Wupperthal and other local communities. READ MORE
- We have donated computers to the Wupperthal Community to help the development of young learners
- We have trained the waiters from the coffee shop in Wupperthal to help them provide an improved service to the guests visiting their town
- A trade partnership with the German Moravian mission station near Wupperthal, which provides Bushmans Kloof with products such as Rooibos Tea and leather goods. This in turn has a positive effect on job creation in the area.
- We will be taking part in the 200 Year celebration of Clanwilliam in 2014
- Bushmans Kloof is proud to be involved in the refurbishment of the Clanwilliam Museum
- Over the past number of years we have donated items of linen, towels, blankets, crockery and cutlery to the old age home and ambulance service in Clanwilliam
- We have contributed to the development of the local rural medical clinic in order to provide the farming community with improved access to medical attention When positions become available, we always look to hire from the local communities
We are also proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and bring supplies for area schools or medical clinics in need, you'll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. READ MORE