Bushmans Kloof has a strong ethos of community involvement and social responsibility. Many of our staff come from the local community, which is very important to us. We have been supporting this community with various projects that have been most rewarding.
We have been happy to contribute to the improvement of local infrastructure and support the West Coast Municipality.
Our community participation includes:
- Being part of RCH South Africa, we contribute annually to the Amy Biel foundation.
- Bushmans Kloof is proud to support and contribute towards Elizabethfontein Primary School, in a bid to uplift and emphasise environmental education for local schoolchildren.
- We donate stationary to Elizabethfontein primary school every year, with the aid of The TreadRight Foundation.
- We sponsor the Elizabethfontein primary school youth camp every year. We donate to Cederberg Stars Leadership Camp with the aid of TreadRight.
- Every year we host Grade 7 children from Elizabethfontein School to an open day to experience the hospitality industry, and to learn about the importance of conservation. The day is called Footprints for the Future.
- Bushmans Kloof was a major sponsor in the development of “Die Newe GrasKoue Trappers Riel dance troop” and their participation in the 2015 world championships in Los Angeles.
- Over the past number of years we have donated items of linen, towels, blankets, crockery and cutlery to the old age homes.
- When positions become available, we always look to hire from the local communities.
We are also proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and bring supplies for area schools or medical clinics in need, you'll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. READ MORE